Exciting News from the Institute!
It’s hard to believe that our Institute nearly 2.5 years old! It has been a wonderful journey and we have enjoyed creating an essential education resource related to olive products and their health benefits.
From April 2018 until February 2020 our Institute was partially funded by Hort Innovation, and this enabled us to expand our messages and reach may more health professionals than we could have done alone. We are very excited to announce that we will be working with Hort Innovation for an extended period!
Our new funding will extend for a period of 3 years, until March 2023. It offers a great opportunity to expand on education relating to olive products to Australian healthcare professionals and other new audiences.
We are also excited to be focusing more on culinary nutrition and expanding our audience to food service professionals – both such important aspects of the Mediterranean diet and olive products.
Here is a sneak peak at some of our new activities:
- Development of at least 40 new resources related to culinary nutrition, chef education, food service education, oil comparisons and olive oil sensory aspects.
- Development of video content with a specific focus on food service and culinary nutrition
- Further development of website including addition of a dedicated food service and culinary nutrition section
- Development of a virtual sensory kit
- Development of an EVOO documentary
- Training events for food service and chefs
- Half and full day dedicated symposium events
And we will continue with the following:
- New blog posts on the website each month
- New monthly podcast episodes
- Attendance a key industry, health professional, culinary nutrition and home economics events
- Annual waves of market research
This project is partially funded by Hort Innovation, using the Olive Fund research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.
The strategic levy investment project Educating Health Professionals about Australian Olive Products OL19001 is part of the Hort Innovation Olive Fund.
If you have any questions, feedback or ideas for the Olive Wellness Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org