ORZO WITH ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
Create this healthy and delicious EVOO recipe for your family.
Makes 4 servings. Takes 40 minutes to prepare and cook.
2/3 cup dry weight
whole wheat orzo
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups thinly
2 cups red onion,
cut in chunks
2 cups peppers
Sea salt and pepper
You can use any colour of
peppers but a mix of green,
red, and yellow is best
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Cook the orzo as directed on the package. Drain and cool.
3. Put the vegetables in a large bowl and pour enough of the
extra virgin olive oil over them so that they are lightly coated.
Season with sea salt and pepper and spread the vegetables
on cooking pans so there is only one layer of vegetables.
4. Roast for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and use a fork to
turn over the vegetables. The parts of the vegetables that
were on the pans should be starting to brown. Return to the
oven and roast for another 15 minutes. Check the vegetables
amd remove from the oven when browned.
5. Put the cooked and cooled orzo into a bowl and add the
vegetables. Stir so that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Pour the rest of the extra virgin olive oil over the