• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1–2 tsp of lemon juice
• 1 & 1⁄2 cup asparagus spears, cut into 2–3 inches pieces (the thinner the spear, the more tender the asparagus)
• 1⁄2 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed with cold water
• 1⁄4 cup diced scallions (you can substitute onion)
• 55 g French of Italian bread, torn or cut into cubes
Optional: salt and pepper
1. Rinse asparagus and either air dry or wipe dry. Put in a bowl. If the spears are very thin, you can use them raw. If they are tough, blanch them quickly and rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the lemon juice; season with salt black pepper.
3. Put the asparagus, cannellini beans, and scallions in a bowl and mix together with a fork. Add the torn or cube bread. You can also toast the bread toast before adding to the salad.
4. Add the extra virgin olive oil / lemon juice mixture and toss gently.