– 1 whole cauliflower
– 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
– 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 1/4 cup flour
– pinch of paprika
– 1/4 cup truffle infused extra virgin olive oil, more to garnish
– 2-3 pieces of stale bread
– 1 tsp truffle infused extra virgin olive oil
– 1/4 bunch of chopped parsley
– salt & pepper
- Boil a full kettle of water and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Chop up your cauliflower florets into chunks and place them into a large pot with the boiling water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes, until cauliflower softens.
- In the meantime, create your cheesy sauce. In a saucepan on medium heat, add 2 TB of truffle infused extra virgin olive oil and ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil with the flour. Whisk to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Gradually add the milk, whisking each time. Continue to cook until the mixture is bubbling and boiling, being careful not to burn the milk. Remove from heat and add in the grated cheeses and the paprika. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Once your cauliflower is cooked, drain and add into a baking dish. Pour over cheesy sauce.
- To make your breadcrumbs, roughly chop up the stale bread, and add it into a blender with parsley, truffle infused extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the breadcrumbs are a fine consistency. Sprinkle over the cheesy cauliflower and place into the oven for 20 minutes until oozy and golden.