• 2x (300g) medium beetroots
• ½ (75g) avocado
• 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 3 teaspoons Olive Leaf Extract
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3x (70g) cucumber pickles (gherkins)
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
• ½ teaspoon salt
1. Wash the beetroots well then cut into large chunks and place in a food processor or blender.
2. Add in with the beetroot the rest of the ingredients and blend well to form a lovely bright pink paste. Note that if you use a hi-speed blender this dip will be smooth, otherwise for a chunky style finish use a food processor. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
3. When ready, spoon out into a serving dish if using straight away or place in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Note: This beetroot & gherkin dip is delicious served with fish or lamb, or as part of a platter with cheeses. It is also lovely on toast with cashew or vegan cheeses.