1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
100g 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 oC.
2. Blitz the black beans in a food processor or mash really well.
3. Place the beans in a mixing bowl and add the baking
powder, almond meal, cacao powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. In another bowl whisk the eggs, then add the extra virgin
olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk, and whisk to
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Add in the
chocolate and stir through.
6. Pour into a baking tin, lined with baking paper and cook for
25-30 minutes or until the top is just cooked.
7. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing