• 4 pieces of salmon – 180g each. Pin boned, mid section and skin on
• Sea salt
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 lemon
1. Prepare the salmon. Trim the belly flap from each piece of salmon. You can use this in another recipe. Allow the salmon to come to room temperature.
2. Gently score the skin and pat dry. Season each piece with sea salt.
3. Preheat a non stick pan over a medium heat.
4. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil into the pan. Lay the salmon skin side down and cook gently for 7-10 mins. If you have a fish weight, press on the salmon to ensure the skin is touching the surface of the pan evenly.
5. Turn the salmon to cook the top side. 1-2 mins.
6. Remove from the pan. Drizzle with fresh extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh black pepper. Can be eaten cold too.