– 250g honey
– 250ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
– 150ml (approx.) oranges, juiced
– 1 tbsp orange, zest
– 3 eggs
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 250ml milk
– 500g almond flour
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1 orange, cut into thin slices
– 1 tbsp EVOO
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
– 200g vanilla bean coconut yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Cover a circular cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together the honey, eggs and sea salt.
3. In a jug combine the EVOO, milk, orange juice and zest and gently mix.
4. Fold through the flour and baking powder and pour into the cake tin.
5. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Mix together the yoghurt and vanilla bean, set aside.
7. For the orange decoration, mix ingredients together in a bowl, place in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 180C or until golden brown.
8. Once cake is cooked, decorate with baked orange slices and serve with a dollop of vanilla yoghurt on top.