– 4 x 150g fillets salmon, skin off or 1 large fillet, at room temperature
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
– Few sprigs fresh rosemary, or herbs of choice
– 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
– 1 orange, peeled and segmented
– 1 container micro herbs, washed
– 1-2 small radish, thinly sliced
– 1/3 cup roasted nuts, chopped
– 1-2 tbsp. EVOO
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1.To cook the salmon, place salmon, garlic, pepper and rosemary into a deep saucepan in a single layer. Pour over the EVOO until it just covers the salmon.
2. Poach on a low heat (70-80°C) for 20-30min or until the salmon easily flakes apart. Remove salmon from the oil and drain on paper towel.
3. To make the salad, gently combine all ingredients in a small bowl, drizzle with EVOO, salt and pepper.
4. Serve the salad on top of or alongside the salmon.