• 1kg Plain Flour
• 1 Litre water – luke warm… about blood temp. 37C
• 1 Tbs salt
• 150ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil and extra for garnishing.
• 1 tbs dried yeast
• Garnish with Garlic, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt & pepper.
• Use a non stick roasting pan 33L x 23W x 6cm Deep.
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt with a whisk.
2. In a 1 litre jug, combine the water and oil. Pour the liquid into the flour and stir with the handle of wooden spoon. Leave to proof for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge. Stir from time to time to allow the bubbles to form.
3. When you are ready to cook the bread, set the oven to 185C. There is no need to knead this dough. It should be quite wet and pourable and have large bubbles throughout.
4. Pour it into a non stick pan. These dimensions are perfect. 33 L x 23 W x 6cm Deep.
5. Garnish the top with sprigs of rosemary, slices of garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown… About 40 mins. To ensure a crusty surface, cool on a wire rack.