• 1 full head of cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
• 2 cups flour
• 4 eggs whisked
• 3 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
• Salt and pepper to season
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1–2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
• 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
• 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
• 1 tsp Chilli flakes for spice.
1. Microwave the cauliflower for 1–2 minutes to lightly soften.
2. In three separate bowls place 1. flour, 2. whisked eggs and 3. breadcrumbs with paprika.
3. Place the microwaved cauliflower in the flour and toss to coat.
4. Place the flour covered cauliflower bites into the egg to coat.
5. Place the egg covered cauliflower in the breadcrumbs and paprika mix and toss until each piece is covered.
6. In a pan, heat up 2–3 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, place crumbed cauliflower into the hot Extra Virgin Olive Oil (make sure the oil is hot enough that the cauliflower is bubbling when placed in the oil).
7. Turn and cook cauliflower bites until a golden crispy brown colour.
8. Place cauliflower on paper down to drain off excess Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1. Whisk or using a stick blender together add the egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
2. Slowly add in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil as you are blending until a creamy consistency.
3. Add salt and chilli flakes to taste.
WELLNESS FUN FACT: Did you know frying food in Extra Virgin Olive Oil is safe because it is high is natural antioxidants that protect the oil when it is heated