• 1⁄3 cup (80 mL) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 cup (250 mL) puréed tomato or grated tomato
• 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
• 300 g salmon or snapper fillet, cut into large cubes
• 4–6 small potatoes, cut into cubes
• 2 cups (500 mL) fish stock
• 4–6 large unpeeled green prawns
• 10–12 mussels 10–12 pipis or clams
• 200 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh at-leaf parsley
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Freshly milled sea salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy-based stockpot over medium heat and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic, puréed tomato and wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
2. Add fish fillet, potato and fish stock, then return to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add prawns and shellfish and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
3. Just before serving, add cherry tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper. At this stage, try not to stir pot with a utensil as this may break up the sh. Instead, hold pot by handles and swish soup around.