1 medium head of cauliflower, leaves trimmed, kept whole
½ tsp. cumin, ground
½ tsp. ginger, ground
¼ tsp. paprika, ground
¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp. turmeric, ground
¼ tsp. coriander, ground
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 whole red capsicum
1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ cup tahini paste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. EVOO
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped
2 tbsp. nuts/seeds, chopped
2 tbsp. pomegranate arils, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices. Add EVOO and mix until a paste form.
3. Rub the cauliflower with the spice paste and coat well, place on a baking tray.
4. Place the whole capsicum on the second tray.
5. Put both trays into the oven and cook for 45-60min until both the cauliflower and capsicum are tender and well roasted.
6. Once removed from the oven, set the cauliflower aside and remove the skin and seeds from the capsicum before cutting into strips.
7. In a food processor or blender, add the capsicum, tahini, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic and EVOO, blend until smooth, adding extra EVOO if needed and season to taste.
8. Spoon the hummus onto the base of a serving dish, top with roasted cauliflower and finish with fresh herbs, nuts, seeds, pomegranate and a drizzle of EVOO.