2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp ground dry thyme
1 cup baby spinach leaves (or 1/4 cup frozen spinach)
2 tbsp of white flour or corn starch
1 cup vegetable broth
85 g (dry weight) linguine, preferably whole wheat
Optional: salt (preferably sea salt) and pepper
1. Heat a large pot of salted water to cook the pasta. When the water boils, cook the pasta as directed on the box.
2. Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium (4 to 5 on the dial) in a frying pan. Stir in the sliced mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes. Season with the thyme, and the salt and pepper, if using.
3. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cook the vegetables on medium 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often.
4. Sprinkle the flour or corn starch over the vegetables and stir in completely; there should not be any dry powder visible. Add the vegetable broth and stir in so the vegetables and broth are completely combined. Heat on medium until the sauce thickens. This should be approximately 5 minutes.
5. Toss with cooked pasta and serve.
NOTE: MAKES ONE SERVING