• 2/3 cup dry weight whole wheat orzo
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini or broccoli
• 2 cups red onion, cut in chunks
• 2 cups peppers Sea salt and pepper
You can use any colour of peppers but a mix of green, red, and yellow is best
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Cook the orzo as directed on the package. Drain and cool.
3. Put the vegetables in a large bowl and pour enough of the extra virgin olive oil over them so that they are lightly coated. Season with sea salt and pepper and spread the vegetables on cooking pans so there is only one layer of vegetables.
4. Roast for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and use a fork to turn over the vegetables. The parts of the vegetables that were on the pans should be starting to brown. Return to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes. Check the vegetables and remove from the oven when browned.
5. Put the cooked and cooled orzo into a bowl and add the vegetables. Stir so that the ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour the rest of the extra virgin olive oil over the salad and toss to mix it in. Season with salt and pepper.