– 150g self-raising flour (plus extra for dusting the bench)
– 150g Greek thick yoghurt
– Pinch of salt
– 150g firm ricotta
– 100g Greek feta
– Extra virgin olive oil, to lightly fry pita
- Mix the flour, yoghurt and salt and knead until it comes together to form a dough. It will not look very smooth at this stage but rather rugged.
- Place in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four, shape into balls and then roll into thin rounds using a rolling pin. The rounds should be roughly the size of a small dessert plate.
- Place ¼ of the filling mixture into the bottom half of the pita round and then fold over the top half down to create a half moon shape. Use a fork to press down on the dough to seal the two edges together and try to remove any air around the mixture inside the parcel as you seal the edges.
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, add 1-2 parcels at a time and cook on each side for about 2 minutes until the pita parcel is golden and crunchy.
- Place on absorbent paper for a minute, then remove and serve immediately while it is still warm.