• 1 punnet of mixed cherry sized tomatoes
• 2 large ox heart tomatoes
• 2 green tomatoes
• 1 bunch basil
• 1 red onion
• 150g sheep yoghurt
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sea salt and pepper
1. Start with room temperature tomatoes.
2. Thickly slice the Green and Ox heart tomatoes about 1cm.
3. Slice some cherry tomatoes in half and others in wedges.
4. Pick the basil leaves off the stems. Thinly slice the red onion… using a mandolin is a good idea. Rinse them under cold water. Pat dry.
5. Choose a nice serving platter. Spread the yoghurt over the bottom of the plate. Arrange the larger tomato slices over the top with-out fully covering the yoghurt. Sprinkle salt over the layer. Scatter some basil leaves and onion over this layer. Tumble over the smaller tomatoes and season with salt. Finish with more basil and onion. Season generously with sea salt.
6. When you are ready to serve the salad, drizzle with oxtra virgin olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.