• 8 small to medium sized tomatoes
• 100 mL extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Pinch dried oregano
• A handful rocket and other baby leaves
• 50g Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Cut the tomatoes in half round the middle.
2. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a shallow frying pan and add the tomato halves, cut side up. Sprinkle with the ground spices and herbs.
3. Cook over a medium heat, turning the tomatoes from time to time, until the tomatoes have softened somewhat.
4. Arrange the tomatoes on serving plates and top with the rocket, baby leaves and Parmesan shavings.
5. Serve at once.